Its Summer !!!
Strip steak, chilli and onion tacos
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 1/2 onion, sliced into strips
• 4-5 top loin strip steaks, about 16 oz (500 g), sliced into strips
• 8 pearl or chambray onions
• 3 tomatoes, chopped
• 2 chipotle chillies, chopped
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
• 2 green chillies, sliced into strips
• 12 corn tortillas
• 1 cup (250 mL) fat-free refried beans
1. In sauté pan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, sliced onion and beef and sauté 5 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness. Add pearl onions, tomatoes and chipotle chillies. Add green chillies and season with pepper.
2. Warm tortillas, spread refried beans evenly on each, add sautéed mixture and fold into tacos.
Family owned and operated, Kitchen Land provides experts to service all of your custom kitchen installation needs, and includes some of the GTA’s best plumbers, electricians and hardwood flooring installation professionals. Located at 1075 Queensway East, #14 Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 4C8, we can be contacted at 905-848-8509 or 1-877-678-8509 for state-of-the-art custom kitchen installation and renovation.