Cauliflower and Squash Gratin
• 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
• 1 head cauliflower (about 2 1/4 lb), cut in florets (8 cups)
• 1 medium butternut squash (about 1 1/4 lb), peeled, cut in half, seeded and cut in 1-in. chunks (4 cups)
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
• 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded (1 cup)
• Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a shallow 2-qt baking dish with nonstick spray. Sprinkle bottom with 2 Tbsp crumbs.
• Add half the cauliflower and squash, sprinkle with 1/8 tsp pepper and spoon 1 cup sauce over top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers once, omitting bread crumbs. Cover with nonstick foil.
• Bake 60 to 70 minutes until vegetables are just tender when pierced. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs; broil 5 minutes until golden.
Family owned and operated, Kitchen Land provides experts to service all of your custom kitchen installation needs, and includes some of the GTA’s best plumbers, electricians and hardwood flooring installation professionals. Located at 1075 Queensway East, #14 Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 4C8, we can be contacted at 905-848-8509 or 1-877-678-8509 for state-of-the-art custom kitchen installation and renovation.