Fine Dining Recipe
Baked almond chicken
• 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
• 6 tbsp (90 mL) sliced almonds
• 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 lb/500 g)
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
• 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 1% milk
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon or honey mustard
• 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange zest
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Place oil in 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) glass baking dish. Stir almonds into baking dish to coat with oil; spread into single layer. Bake for about 5 minutes, watching closely, or until golden. Transfer to bowl; set aside. Place chicken smooth side down in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until evenly white on outside.
2. Meanwhile, in saucepan whisk together cornstarch, sugar and pepper. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth; whisk in mustard, orange zest and half of reserved almonds. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until steaming and starting to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in orange juice.
3. Turn chicken smooth side up in dish; pour sauce over top. Bake, uncovered, for about 8 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Family owned and operated, Kitchen Land provides experts to service all of your custom kitchen installation needs, and includes some of the GTA’s best plumbers, electricians and hardwood flooring installation professionals. Located at 1075 Queensway East, #14 Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 4C8, we can be contacted at 905-848-8509 or 1-877-678-8509 for state-of-the-art custom kitchen installation and renovation.