Awesome Summer Salad
Broccoli salad with avocado dressing
• 1 head broccoli, about 1 lb/500g
• 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped red onion
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh basil
• 3 cups (750 mL) mixed spring greens
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) slivered almonds, toasted
• 1 ripe but firm avocado
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) sodium reduced vegetable broth
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lime juice
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar or fresh lime juice
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
1. Cut stalks off of broccoli. Chop broccoli top into small bite size pieces and place in large bowl. Peel stalks and chop into bite size pieces; add to bowl. Add red pepper, onion and basil; toss together.
2. Avocado Dressing: In another bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in vegetable broth, lime juice, vinegar, garlic and pepper until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat evenly.
3. Sprinkle greens over platter and spoon broccoli mixture over top. Sprinkle with almonds to serve.
Family owned and operated, Kitchen Land provides experts to service all of your custom kitchen installation needs, and includes some of the GTA’s best plumbers, electricians and hardwood flooring installation professionals. Located at 1075 Queensway East, #14 Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 4C8, we can be contacted at 905-848-8509 or 1-877-678-8509 for state-of-the-art custom kitchen installation and renovation.